Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dad

I didn't even realize I had these photos-they were on my digital camera, from our last Wednesday afternoon together.





Another photo that was hiding on the camera

Excerpt from a letter that I read from at the Memorial service

Play list from the service, collected from Dad's 'top 25' songs played on iTunes, plus some others from his vast, epic music collection.

Save Me, Aimee Mann
Into the West, Annie Lennox
In The Backseat, The Arcade Fire
Cold Wind, The Arcade Fire
Ave Maria, Barbra Streisand
Here's to Life, Barbra Streisand
If You Go Away, Barbra Streisand
Here's That Rainy Day, Barbra Streisand
Babys, Bon Iver
Lump Sum, Bon Iver
Ambient 1, Brian Eno
The Chill Air, Brian Eno
Father And Son, Cat Stevens
Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens
If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out, Cat Stevens
Kleines Kind, Fettes Brot
My Father, Judy Collins
What a wonderful World, k.d. land/Tony Bennet
Gold Day, Sparklehorse
Jesus, Etc., Wilco
Marriage of Figaro, Wolfgang Amadeus Bach
Bach (JS) Cello Suite #2 In D Minor, Yo-Yo Ma

This song (below) I wrote about the surreality, the near impossibility of
mentally accepting this sudden loss.  Love you, Dad.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs to you Mary Grace--beautiful post.

Jen Z.

Michael McDonald said...

I'm not sure how you sang that whole thing without crying. There a hope in the future. I don't think we ever get over the loss of parent. I know I have not, despite a not so great relationship

Loralee said...

Beautiful song.