Friday, February 4, 2011

Keane on U2.

Waiting my turn to play at the Riverwalk Cafe's open mic night, tonight,  I was minding my own business, feverishly reading A girl named Zippy, for book club is in the morning, when some woman from the crowd shouted:

"Hey!  Where's that girl singer?"  The boy next to me jostled my elbow, said,

"Ahh, I think they're asking for you."

Now, I am truly flattered.  I did not even recognize this woman.  However, just how sad is it that I have made a name for myself as THE girl singer.  If any of you are reading this, and are female, you owe it to yourself to get off the sidelines.  Please. 

I'd already taken my turn, giving a mildly crappy cover of "She has no time," Keane, and a not so crappy cover of "With or without you," U2, when we were drowned out by the death metal band in the basement below us, courtesy of the cool guys at Tattomb.  (sigh...)





No comments: