Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Monsters etc.

I can't count the amount of times veteran homeschoolers tell me, "Just don't feel like you have to do everything...so take breaks...don't be a perfectionist...you don't have to follow every detail of the teacher's guide...make it your own...don't try to do it all, you'll burn out."  To which I silently reply: "Yes, yes, but I need to do it all, and it must be perfect, or I haven't done it right."

Well, this project on the Sonoran Desert is just that: It was listed as optional for today, and I forced it out of a compulsive need to check off every box.  The project turned out lovely but...I feel like I'm still obsessing over the need to follow the guide verbatim.  At least I have the satisfaction of knowing, after two solid hours of coloring and cutting, Levity will never, ever, ever forget the home of the gila monster, jackrabbit or kangaroo rat.  (rolling eyes)


our 3-D Sonoran Desert of North America
I sketch, they color & cut, I detail.
Group effort!  We love making art together.
jackrabit
cangaroo rat


gila monster
Levity did 3/4 of the set up, including supports with straws and tape

No comments: